If you’re a pet owner, you already know a nasty smell, especially from a mucky pup or a litter box, can be irritating.
You’ll admit that some pet smells are just quite unbearable at times. As a cat owner, you must do everything necessary to control the odor within your living space.
Here are the best products to keep your home smelling fresh all day long.
- Which Air Fresheners Are Safe for Cats?
- How Can I Scent My House With a Cat?
- 1. Citrus Magic Pet Odor Absorbing Solid Air Freshener
- 2. Pet Odor Exterminator Furry Tails Air Freshener
- 3. Vee Odor Eliminator for Strong Odor
- 4. Enviroscent Non-Toxic Room & Home Spray
- 5. One Fur All Pet House Freshening Room Spray
- 6. Air Freshener Spray Baies Scent by Dusa
- 7. Pet Odor Exterminator: Creamy Vanilla Air Freshener
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Thoughts
Which Air Fresheners Are Safe for Cats?
When shopping for air fresheners, several factors come into play. For instance, you’ll need to reach for pet-safe air fresheners that use naturally derived ingredients while avoiding those with chemical components.
How Can I Scent My House With a Cat?
If you live with a cat but want to keep your house smelling fresh, you can use scented candles or a diffuser with cat-safe essential oils. Remember that many essential oils are toxic to cats, including peppermint, cinnamon, and tea tree oil.
Alternatively, you can use one of the pet-safe air fresheners listed below.
- Pet Odor Eliminators - Deal with the strongest pet odors, and foul smell with the goodness of citrus. These odor absorbers for home eliminate noxious...
Citrus Magic is the perfect odor-absorbing solution for cat owners. It tackles odor problems, giving a fresh environment safe for humans and pets. You’ll love this freshener for its long-lasting absorbing rate and the ability to eliminate lingering smells.
Citrus magic absorbs the smell of cat urine and fills your entire house with citrus fruit fragrance, giving a pleasant feeling. Once you apply it, you can be sure to eliminate the odor for at least six weeks.
- Three scents to choose from
- Odor-absorbing properties
- Scents are too mild for some
This 7-oz air freshener uses odor-neutralizing enzymes to help you keep your house smelling fresh. It’s pet-safe and has notes of lemon, raspberry, lavender, and cedarwood.
The spray is very concentrated, so a little goes a long way. You can spray it around the litter box or on your cat’s bed.
- Free from harmful chemicals
- Sleek and elegant design
- Removes odors rather than just masking them
- Slightly smaller bottle
- POWERFUL ODOR ELIMINATOR: VZee Bamboo Charcoal Bags Odor Absorber eliminates foul odors at its source in less than 24 Hours. We use premium quality,...
Vee Odor Eliminator isn’t just an air freshener in your usual sense. It features activated bamboo charcoal bags that absorb strong odors in less than 24 hours, giving your living space a fresh and clean feel. Please note that you won’t be spraying scents into your room.
Another fantastic thing about this odor eliminator is that it eradicates all bad smells. In addition to removing the pet urine stench, this freshener also eliminates laundry odors, cigarette smoke, kitchen smells, and much more.
Vee Odor Eliminator is long-lasting; therefore, you can use it repeatedly. Just by recharging the product bag in sunlight at least once a month, you can be sure to use this product for about two years.
- Rechargeable using sunlight and it lasts up to two years
- It comes in a pack of eight
- Eliminates odors and cat smell
- Devoid of chemicals and artificial smells
- Removes odors from the air effectively
- It has no pleasant fragrance
Enviroscent Non-Toxic Room & Home Spray is among the best options to consider if you’re looking for a plant-based eco-friendly pet freshener. This all-natural freshener is free of nasty ingredients.
Being plant-based, Enviroscent Non-Toxic Room & Home Spray is equally suitable for our planet. It uses the natural ingredient of lotus and spring water, and unlike most other sprays, it’s completely devoid of harmful essential oils.
- It comes in a refillable bottle to reduce plastic waste
- Has smells of delicious lotus flowers
- Free from carcinogens and harmful chemicals
- Made from all-natural ingredients
- Its refreshing effect is short-lasting
This useful air freshener works well with all types of pets. It eliminates pet urine odors perfectly, and you’ll also find it ideal for reducing other foul smells. This pet freshener is devoid of harmful chemicals, including paraffin, dyes, formaldehyde, and toxins.
The spray contains all-natural, plant-based ingredients. It’s gentle in smell and not overpowering. However, you’ll need to spray it quite often since its effect only lasts for a short time.
- Available in six different scents
- Neutralizes odor
- It comes in a plastic bottle; hence no worries about accidental smashing
- It’s plant-based and contains natural ingredients
- Free from toxins and harmful chemicals
- Short-lasting smell
- LUXURY SCENT: Our scents are made with natural raw materials, premium ingredients & carefully selected essences. Baies is a sophisticated & delicate...
Dusa’s Air Freshener Spray Baies Scent has a safe formula devoid of dyes and artificial preservatives. It warrants an instant but short-lasting effect once sprayed one to three times. The freshener neutralizes odors almost instantly.
Air Freshener Spray Baies Scent features many natural scents, including citrus, lavender, green tea, sun-washed cotton, and mango peach.
- Safe to use on any surface
- Free from hazardous ingredients
- It has a non-toxic fragrance and natural preservative
- Short-lasting fragrance
This pet air freshener is bleach and chlorine-free. It’s formulated to neutralize and remove the source of the smell to stop it from spreading.
The scent is rich vanilla, and it’s also available in a smaller bottle for on-the-go freshness.
- Strong vanilla scent
- Safe to spray on pet beds
- Eliminates odors
- Some people find the scent overpowering
Frequently Asked Questions
To keep your home free of unpleasant odors, you can use unscented odor removers, diffusers, and air filters. You need to also ensure you regularly clean your cat’s litter box, food bowls, and toys.
According to Febreze’s website, Febreze is safe to use around pets, including cats. However, they do warn customers not to spray directly onto animals.
Air fresheners effectively and conveniently eradicate cat odors and freshen up your cat’s living space. However, it shouldn’t be your only solution to neutralizing and preventing odors from your cat.
Ensure proper cleanliness and grooming of your cat. Also, regularly empty your cat’s litter box to maintain freshness.