Cats are attentive and alert pets, making them fans of laser toys. While the primary part of the toy is the laser, several laser toy options work best depending on what you’re looking for with your cat.
If your cat is experiencing obesity, laser toys can be a brilliant way to activate its prey drive and guarantee some physical activity. You, of course, want what’s best for your feline friend, so keeping them entertained can be a great way to get them moving.
Here are some of the best laser toys for cats on the market.
- 11 Best Laser Toys For Your Cat
- 1. Best Overall: PetSafe Laser Tail
- 2. Best Automatic Laser Toy: PetSafe Bolt
- 3. Best Laser Toy For Exercise: Wearable Automatic Cat Toy Collar
- 4. Best Motion Activated Laser Toy: Rechargeable Motion Activated Cat Laser Toy
- 5. Best Hand-Held Laser Toy: Red Dot LED Light Pointer
- 6. Best For Kittens: PETGEEK Laser Pointer
- 7. Best For Different Modes of Play: Felix & Fido Playdot!
- 8. Best For Outdoor Cats: Green Laser Pointer High Power
- 9. Best Portable Automatic Laser Toy: PetSafe Dancing Dot
- 10. Best Multi-functional Laser Toy: VStarcam Cat Camera with Laser
- 11. Best Multi-Color Laser Toys: 3-Pack Laser Pointer Cat Toy
- Frequently Asked Questions
11 Best Laser Toys For Your Cat
It depends on your cat’s interests and the type of laser toy you need, but here are the best eleven laser toys.
1. Best Overall: PetSafe Laser Tail
The PetSafe Laser Tail is the best overall on our list because it is essentially a laser on wheels. This mouse-shaped cat toy keeps the laser moving while being another object your cat can try to hunt. This laser keeps your cat busy and offers them ten minutes of fun activity.
2. Best Automatic Laser Toy: PetSafe Bolt
The lasers that can work on their own are ideal, especially if you’re away from home during the day. The PetSafe Bolt stands on its own and automatically draws random laser patterns on the ground for your cat. It shuts off on its own and stays out of your way on the floor.
3. Best Laser Toy For Exercise: Wearable Automatic Cat Toy Collar
- Hands-free Cat Toy: The ray of light is integrated into the collar to keep the ray point in front of cats at all times, whether they're jumping or...
This Wearable Automatic Cat Toy Collar moves with your cat and is the perfect way to ensure they get enough exercise for the day. Because the laser is attached to the collar, your cat will chase the laser until it automatically turns off.
4. Best Motion Activated Laser Toy: Rechargeable Motion Activated Cat Laser Toy
- 【Real Random Interactive Cat Laser Toy】Dual motor control for horizontal rotation and vertical swinging of the laser head. Stimulates the hunting...
The Rechargeable Motion Activated Cat Laser Toy is similar to the other automatic PetSafe Bolt, except this toy is motion activated. It will know when your cat is nearby and turn on to offer them some fun.
It only lasts 15 minutes and will only run for two hours maximum to not overwork your cat.
5. Best Hand-Held Laser Toy: Red Dot LED Light Pointer
- USB CHARGING: This cat laser toy does not need to replace the battery. The blue indicator light will be on when charging, and it will be off when...
This Red Dot LED Light Pointer is a hand-held device that allows you to interact with your cat. If you want in on the fun, ditch the automatic laser toys and use one that allows you to point the laser.
6. Best For Kittens: PETGEEK Laser Pointer
- Cat Toys for Indoor Cats: Cats love to chase the red dot. Auto-rotating laser cat toys create a unique experience for your cat's challenging hunt....
The PETGEEK Laser Pointer is best for hyperactive kittens that can’t seem to make up their mind on what to do. This toy offers a laser to chase but also has a feather located on the top with a round bottom to give your kitten an additional toy to play with.
7. Best For Different Modes of Play: Felix & Fido Playdot!
- Your pet will absolutely LOVE the PLAYDOT! Our AUTOMATIC CAT TOY is SLEEK in design and super LIGHT-WEIGHT so it fits in everywhere! This is a great...
The Felix & Fido Playdot! has four different game modes, one of them allowing you to interact with your cat and the other three being self-play for your cat.
It offers slow, fast, and advanced play for your cat, so whether your cat is young and spry or old and slow, there is something for them.
8. Best For Outdoor Cats: Green Laser Pointer High Power
- 🔦【High Power Laser Pointer】: Rotate to take star cap off, experience the long range green laser beam. You can see the Green laser beam...
Even outdoor cats find themselves loving laser pointers. While they have plenty of stimuli in the wild, the Green Laser Pointer High Power is an intense LED light that works outdoors, as well.
It can also be used to draw your cat back to the house if it’s time for dinner or if they aren’t supposed to be outside.
9. Best Portable Automatic Laser Toy: PetSafe Dancing Dot
The PetSafe Dancing Dot is an automatic laser toy that can be hooked on a door knob, placed on the floor, or high up on a dresser and still offer a fun laser chase for your cat. You can take the Dancing Dot anywhere.
10. Best Multi-functional Laser Toy: VStarcam Cat Camera with Laser
- ►【Interactive Cat Laser Toy& Account Sharing 】VStarcam pet camera with laser toy to tease and exercise pets. Remotely control the laser rotation...
The VStarcam Cat Camera with Laser is the best multi-functional toy laser because it’s a camera and laser in one. This laser toy is perfect for when you’re away and want to make sure your cat is safe and having fun.
Using the camera, you can also catch some silly moments of your cat while they play with the laser.
11. Best Multi-Color Laser Toys: 3-Pack Laser Pointer Cat Toy
- 🐾【ENDLESS FUN】: Letting your beloved pets exercise and have fun effortlessly. Also, the cat laser chase toys can satisfy the curiosity and...
The 3-Pack Laser Pointer Cat Toy offers three different colors for your cat to play with. While red is the best option, the purple and green options switch it up and may add a new level of excitement for your cat.
This is also a great option if you have multiple cats and a few people who’d like to interact and play with them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the most frequently asked questions when it comes to cat laser toys.
The best overall laser toy on our list is the PetSafe Laser Tail. This is a laser that is automatic and moves on its own. It’s the best because it keeps your cat entertained even when you’re away and offers multiple toys in one. It’s a great choice for owners who might work long hours and not get much time to play one-on-one with their cats.
Yes. Laser toys are great for cats. They provide a source of exercise and ease your cat’s anxiety by giving them something to focus on. Especially when a cat has left home alone, some can get very lonely. Offering them an interactive toy keeps them happy.
Yes, it’s a great way to bond with your cat, but also perfect for exercise, anti-anxiety, and other health benefits. Too many stimuli are when it becomes too much for your cat, so don’t overwork them. Also, never point the laser directly into your cat’s eye. It can be damaging.
Red lasers are the best option, especially indoors and close quarters. You want to protect your cat’s eyes when playing with a laser, and a red one is less likely to harm them because it’s less intense. Cats also have difficulty seeing the color red, so they can focus on the laser’s light instead of its color.
Laser toys are some of the best toys for your cat. They prevent anxiety, offer fun to your cat even when you’re away, and make sure your cat is living a fun, healthy life.